22.12.14

gingerbread man puppet



I spotted some photos of a gingerbread man softie here & on pinterest. The design, by Cathy Gaubert, is from this book, and as soon as I saw the photos, I decided I had to make one. Immediately.  Only, if you know me, you know I cannot just follow a pattern...


And so I ended up with this!  A finger-legs puppet!! Yes, a gingerbread man who can really run away.


Here he is from the back so you can see the finger-pockets to make him run.

If you would like to make you own run-away gingerbread man, have a look at this tutorial I created in July, 2013, and also this tutorial on Wee Folk Art. If you are downloading the free pattern from Wee Folk Art, all you need to do is pull out some brown felt, cut off those bunny ears, stitch him up, and you've got yourself a run-away gingerbread man, too...


We like this version of the story by Jan Brett.  Do you have a favorite version of the run-away gingerbread man?

Run, run as fast as you can,
You can't catch me, 
I'm the gingerbread man!

2 comments:

  1. Margaret your version is adorable. Maybe you'll do another book and add this guy and your teddy friends to it. You are so clever.Thanks for all the sweet inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, margaret! i popped over from hilary of wee wonderfuls (she posted some adorable peg dolls today and loved your book!) to find out more about your lovely book. it made my day to see that you made my gingerman from falalala felt!!! i love your adorable adaptation, too! ahhhh, now to read more and decide which (both?!) books of yours i need! :) p.s. seriously, my little heart is a flutter to know that one of *my* projects inspired *you* to make him your own! warmest regards on a chilly day!!!! cathy gaubert

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)